Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sorry North Dakotans

Paul had only gotten three sentences into his book when the woman sitting next to him began to make chitchat. "Don't you love flying? My name is Julie. I'm from North Dakota. Have you ever been?"

"That is an amazing coincidence," Paul said as convincingly as possible, "I had been considering moving to North Dakota."

"Great place to raise a family," Julie added in.

"Yeah, North Dakota has all the things I'm looking for: Cold weather, very few people. Ultimately I decided on Canada instead. It has those plus the people aren't jerks."

"Why I never!" Julie shouted in alarm.

"Exactly."

No comments:

Post a Comment