Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thunder

I am comforted by the thunder. I am calmed by the deafening crash of electrical discharge from above. It reminds me I am not alone. It reminds me I am small.

No matter what I or anyone may do, we cannot change the course of the winds. No matter how powerful we become or how important we think we are, the thunder still echoes Without our consent the march of the thunderhead will go on unimpeded. Till the end of time the lightning will strike of its own accord.

The voice of God reminds us of how small we really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment